Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yawn...


Last night I was having a dream that I was trapped in a big box, it was silent and I was sweating. In my dream I reached up to my forehead because I felt like I was having a heat stroke. As I wiped my brow I realized that this wasn't a dream, it was real. I was half awake thinking it was a bad dream. It wasn't a dream. I WAS really hot, it WAS eerily quiet and I WAS sweating. I sat up and realized the power was out. I panicked because I thought that maybe I was late to work but realized it was pitch black so my keen detective skills told me I probably wasn't late.


I reached over and hit Monkey boy to wake up. I told him the power was out and asked him to fix it. Around this time our baby Picasso awoke and started crying and crying and crying. R got out of bed and walked around looked out the windows and was just pissy. It was raining pretty hard and I was annoyed. Ususally I like thunderstorms at night but usually I have electricity.


R couldnt find the number to the electric company so I had to find it. Google people, Google.

He called and they said it may take a couple of hours. Sure, try 5 hours!


We laid there in the quiet with no A/C, no ceiling fan and no floor fan. I have to have background noise to sleep. A crying dog and thunder is not background noise. That is just plain annoying.


I finally fell asleep some time after 3am after I answered a few emails of course. The power came on at 5:45am with the TV box, both fans and Picasso crying. Yippee!

No comments: