Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm a little sad today

Who didn't have the Thriller album? Who didn't see the video for Bad? Who didn't want to go to Neverland in it's better days? Who thought it was crazy that he had a chimp named Bubbles or bought the Elephant Man's skeleton? Good or bad, who didn't know who Michael Jackson was? I saw him in concert right before Thriller came out and while it was an awesome concert, you know what I remember the most? The young girl next to me sobbing hysterically and calling out Michael's name because she couldn't believe he was right in front of us, we were in the third row. I wonder if she is crying now? I think it is sad that his musical genius was tainted by all the bad stuff that followed him in his later years. I think it's sad that his children are left here without knowing the young and brilliant Michael. I think it's sad that he never had a normal childhood and wonder how different he could have been if he had. I just think the whole thing is sad.

Michelle just walked in and told me that death comes in three's. Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson and Todd the Hamster??. That made me laugh out loud, leave it to her to lift my sadness.

K

No comments: