Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hey good looking, we'll be back to pick you up later!


Stars and stripes, I'm tired! I went to bed at 10 p.m. and was up at 5:15 a.m., so that's some pretty good sleep I had, don't know why I am dragging ass. You know what I was thinking? No, of course you don't so let me tell you. You remember that commercial for Mr. Microphone? "Hey good looking, we'll be back to pick you up later!"? Like some one would wait? If she was that good looking why not pick her up right now? You were in a convertible for Christ's sake, just put her on your lap,man! On to my original thought...I was a kid when that commercial came out but I always thought that would be a cool thing to have and didn't understand why my parents didn't rush out and buy one. You know some yahoo was smoking a doobie with his friend and they thought of this as a joke one night and made millions of dollars off of it. Why can't that happen to me? I mean I don't sit around with a friend and light up a fatty but I have some great ideas. None of which I will post here because some one may use it, become a millionaire and maybe give me a shout out while they call me a dumb ass for posting it.


Anyway, my point is this. I hate infomercials and laugh at them with my husband but is it bad when I suddenly think "Hey, this isn't a bad idea"? I'm sitting there wishing I had the sonic ears so I could listen to people across the street say sweet things about me because in the commercial they never gossip, only compliment, as if. Or wishing I had me a slanket or snuggie or whatever that blanket with arms is when Big Red cranks the AC down in the 70's. What if the Ped Egg does make my feet softer or the memory foam will make me sleep better or the yoga booty ballet does give me a firmer ass or the Time Life collection of crap does make my life better?? This is why I should have gone in to advertising not accounting. It is so much easier to make people believe you need useless crap to improve their lives and make you rich. Hey maybe I can do both. Advertise their products for them then help them count their money as it rolls in and of course charge them for both. I have a special needs dog to support.


K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Good Looking....I WILL be by to pick you up later. ;-)