Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This is some strong ass coffee.


I stopped at a new coffee house this morning because they serve Seattle's Best Coffee. I miss Seattle and this is another reminder of one of my favorite cities. When Big Red and I were in our long distance relationship phase, he used to stop every morning for coffee while we chatted on the phone so this is more of a nice memory for me. I've added my creamer and Splenda but this is still some strong coffee. Maybe I'm just used to the weak coffee here at work, which I kind of like. I'm not a die hard coffee fan like some people here, I just like that it gives me energy while providing a nice, smooth taste.


Okay, so yesterday was not one of my better days. I called in fat. When I looked in the mirror, I felt like Jabba the Hut, thus the picture. When I got home my husband was waiting with a big hug and asked what he could do to help me. There wasn't anything he could do for me that he wasn't already doing. I have to take care of myself, end of story. We went for a walk and we ate lunch together before he left for work, so the day wasn't a total loss. It actually turned out to be a good day after all. I also worked out and felt much better. Why is it so much easier to take the easy road? I realize there are going to be good days and bad days but all I ask is the good outnumber the bad. Is that really too much to ask?

I had lunch with Little Gay R last week and we were having a conversation about the local farmers market. You know what he told me? He said "There are other things at the farmers market besides fruits and vegetables, for instance mushrooms." Yes, he said mushrooms. Which would imply that either he didn't realize a mushroom was a vegetable or he does, in fact, consider it a meat. Now I realize that mushrooms are technically a fungus but they are considered a vegetable for cooking, so I think I'm right. Either way, I laughed so hard, I cried. Good times.

K

3 comments:

@eloh said...

mmmmmmm coffee.
I hate what fat does to the brain. If you woke up tomorrow a size 6...your thoughts about your size would be the same.

You are very blessed to have such good loving folks in your life.

I always try to keep a chin up, even if it involves duct tape.

Funny in My Mind said...

Yes, Seattle's Best IS very strong.
I like strong coffee though. What a great hubby!

Funny in My Mind said...

Maybe he meant the other kind of mushrooms. The good kind that make you see funny cows in your kitchen.