Monday, August 17, 2009

Random Monday Mania


I found this picture of Big Red and Little Red at Target. They were shopping in the children's dept for furniture, I don't know why but it seemed funny at the time. How can it be Monday, again? I mean I know how, but why so soon? It was a perfectly fine weekend with a couple of naps thrown in here and there. Sunday we were down in San Marcos to watch my sister in law do a duathlon and I had no idea how hard those things were. She ran for 5K, biked for 30K, than ran for another 5K. WTH? Who came up with this form of torture? People pay money to take this kind of abuse. It's healthy but brutal.

The whole thing took about 2 and half hours but we had fun hanging out, meeting people and petting dogs. You ever see someone and wonder what is going on with them? Like why they are doing something or wearing something weird? Well my brother in law, Rob, is one of those people who will just go and ask. This is why I love my in-laws, they are funny! We met so many more people just hanging out with Rob while Missy competed. He wasn't afraid to just walk up to people and ask them why they dropped out or why they were carrying their bike instead of riding it. Hilarious!

Today I woke up late. GASP! The alarm didn't go off so instead of 5:15, it was 5:36 when I opened my eyes. If that shit doesn't wake you up, I don't know what will. I managed to scramble and be out the door by 6:15, even after eating breakfast. I haven't been sleeping well lately and I tossed and turned for a while last night, even though I was exhausted. I fear that I am having a slight problem with anxiety. It has come to visit me at night and the physical effects are kicking my ass. There are a lot of changes going on in my life and I guess I am not handling them as well as I thought I was. I try to portray a calm and authoritative exterior but inside is a different story. Whenever I feel anxious, it manifests itself in my stomach and affects me physically. Sucks.
I hope that waking up late is not an omen of things to come this week. Cue the foreboding music.
K

No comments: