Monday, February 16, 2009

By all means move at a glacial pace, you know how that thrills me.


I loved Meryl Street in The Devil Wears Prada, I want to be Miranda Priestly. Oh she exists, my friend, in some form, somewhere. And who doesn't love Stanley Tucci in this role? Why can't H be more like him in real life?

It's been a busy week and we are back to Monday. How do we always end up here? Why can't I ever blog on a Tuesday or a Friday? First on my list of usual random postings is the denouncement of Jesus by our friend, R. Yes, last Thursday was his Jewish conversion ceremony that frankly I'm surprised we were invited to. We had many jokes saved up for the occasion but once you're in the temple, it's hard to be funny. It was a beautiful ceremony and R seemed happy and at peace finally. He has been in search of love and acceptance his whole life and he has finally found it. I decided not to wear my Jesus loves you T-shirt since I didn't want to be stoned to death. We took it seriously and gave him a nice card and gift but being Kugo we did put "It was nice knowing you" signed Jesus in the card. I'm sure he would have been disappointed had we not. Then he and his boyfriend jetted off to Santa Fe, where all converted Jews go to after their conversion ceremony??

Valentines Day was good, it always is. Went over to visit my parents and in walks my mom with a wig! What?! This was my dad's gift to her, how romantic. I admit it looked cute on her but it wasn't my mom. She can't be changing up her appearance like that without warning, she's my mom!! Next thing you know they'll be going out dancing and adopting some child from China...craziness. My dad got a little competitive 'cause I brought her white roses and he had given her red roses. Whose roses do you think she displayed for all to see in a pretty vase in the living room and whose roses got put in a jar on the kitchen table? I WON! My dad and I always joke around like this but I think my mom really does put her kids further up on the food chain. Isn't this what mom's do?

We also had a Wii party but since I have yet to download the pics, I will write about that later. H is out sick from too much Wii, alcohol poisoning or wearing black socks with brown sandals that night. Actually I'm feeling a little sick myself just thinking about it.

K

No comments: