Monday, October 13, 2008

You change your mind like a girl changes clothes


Good Morning! No, no that wasn't right, it's more like "hey..'morning" followed by a heavy sigh. It's 7 a.m. Monday morning and it's raining. What a great start to a work week. I am just doing more random blogging to put off the inevitable...work.


When I stopped to fill my gas tank this morning (2.89!) I also filled my other tank with coffee. Who would have thought we would be excited about 2.89 gas, remember when it was .99?! I'm old.


So while I have had my morning coffee I'm still a little blue about this rainy day. I don't know why because I like the rain but that song by The Carpenters keeps playing in my head..rainy days and Monday's always get me down. The Carpenters? Really? Again...I'm old.


This weekend while we were taking a Sunday drive (old like Miss Daisy) and hating all mankind, my husband turned to me and said "Do you realize we have been together 12 years and that is the longest relationship I have ever had?". I of course had to be a smart ass and say that I had longer relationships with other men...my dad, my brothers, Jesus...


Do you ever notice how putting on lipstick makes you feel better? It makes me feel better anyway. I downloaded some ITunes last night - Katy Perry, Jessica Simpson and Darius Rucker - talk about random. Now I'm just rambling like a rose so I gotta get to work. I know, I know..rambling rose, I'm old.


K

No comments: