Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life goes on

Okay, I thought I was all cried out but not so much. Funny how I can just get all emotional at any given moment. I think I have accepted Nani's fate and am over the anger and unfairness of it. I cried a river and am emotionally exhausted from it. We are letting her do whatever the hell she pleases. We feed her out of our hand just to get her to eat, we let her up on the sofa when we are watching T.V. and we are hugging and kissing her every chance we get. She must know by now something is up. Last night she slept next to me on the bed all night and did not want to get up this morning. Which was okay with me since Chris started the night shift this week and Nani did her part in keeping his side of the bed warm.

I realize the world does not stop because my Nani is dying. I have had dogs all my life and this isn't the first time I have gone through this and I'm quite sure it won't be the last. All dogs go to heaven, right? So life goes on and we keep living it. Big Red ran his first 5k this weekend and he did awesome! He reached his goal and I am so proud of him. His Toyota team did great and I'm glad his sister came down and ran the race with him. I love that he is a true blue Cubs fan and wore his team cap for the race.



I will end with me vowing not to get up at 4:30 a.m. to exercise anymore since most of that time was spent trying to get the crappy DVD player to work. I finally had to call Red at work to ask him how to fix it and by the time I got it working I only had 15 minutes left to work out. I am also sleepy from waking up so early so the whole working out in the morning idea, not so great.

K

No comments: