Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy...asking him to love her.


Oh my, this makes my heart go all aflutter. I love this movie. It was on TV again this weekend and I had to cancel all plans just so I could curl up on the sofa and watch this for the 100th time. I don't even like Hugh Grant but I loved his awkward, bumbling character. I liked him in Love Actually as well. You know what? Maybe I do like Hugh Grant! I'm going to have to go ponder on this, it may change my whole outlook on life. No wait... I didn't like him in Bridget Jones or 4 weddings and a funeral. I will go back to my original statement of not really liking Hugh Grant after all.
We may now return to our originally scheduled discussion of Notting Hill. There are so many things I loved about this movie. I really loved when she goes to him and says the title of this post. I loved his goofy flatmate and his weird quirks. I loved that when he couldn't find his glasses to go to the movies he wore his diving mask in the theatre. (the pic) I loved how he said "whoops a daisy" when he couldn't get over the fence. I loved when he brought Julia Roberts to a family dinner and his sister followed her in the bathroom. AWKWARD! I think that's what makes this movie so great, it is filled with uncomfortable and awkward moments and I love moments like that because love IS awkward.
K

No comments: