Sunday, August 17, 2008

Before I pass out

Yesterday Big Red and I decided to go to the park and take a long hike. Boy was it long and rough. We went downhill, uphill, over rock, over water...it was brutal. I loved every difficult moment of it. It took us an hour and a half and we thought we were lost until we came out by the golf course. Our shirts were soaking wet with sweat and our thighs were on fire but we had these huge smiles on our faces when we were done.

That last hill about killed me and I had to rest right before we reached the top. It was a straight up climb over rocks and my chest felt like it was going to explode but I did it and I couldn't be prouder of myself. 4 months ago there was no way I could have made this hike but I can today. We decided to do it again and again every weekend and just take different trails until we have hiked all 200 acres of that park. I AM THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD!!!

K

No comments: