Friday, April 9, 2010


When I saw our blog picture, it occurred to me that I still have the shirt in the picture. In fact, I just wore it yesterday. Is it bad that I have clothes from 5 years ago? I just cleaned out my closet and got rid of two bags of clothes but there are some things I just can't throw away, no matter how long it has been since I have worn it. It may be because I have memories of good times in a certain outfit or just because something was just so expensive I can't bear to get rid of it.


These are things I pondered on this week at work:



  • Why are Stella's pants so short? They only come down right above her ankles so are they too short for pants or too long for capri's? Strange.

  • Why do all the haole women in this office say "Do what?" when they don't hear what you said? I usually say 'what' or 'excuse me' or 'sorry?' But 'do what' is just weird, what does it mean?

  • Why do so many people here think it's okay to complain about something so insignificant and expect other people to do something about it? This is a workplace not your home, someone else is in control...just go with the flow, this is why you get paid to be here.

  • Next month I make 10 years at my job and this officially makes this the longest employment at one place I have ever had. My vacation also goes up to 4 weeks, yay!

This has been a long but good week since our finance assistant is back at work. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and that's a good thing. Since it's Friday, this makes the week even better. Happy Friday!


K

1 comment:

Funny in My Mind said...

I get so tired of our employees complaining about every single thing that goes on. Seriously, there are people who have much worse jobs and way meaner bosses. Have a great weekend!